Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New Feature: Visual Kei Wednesday!

I ADORE Visual Kei fashion. While I've been heavily designing fairy and pop kei for the past several months, I myself prefer to dress in the style of Visual Kei. 

Since I'm making a fresh start with the Candy Graffiti brand I find it fitting that I found this video very late last Monday night. :)

If you've always wanted to get into visual kei fashion but were perhaps a bit overwhelmed at the heavy styling this is a fantastic video tutorial on how to get started on creating your own visual kei style. Iasha Masood gives great pointers on how to start with a very basic but very elegant visual kei outfit, and she also gives a makeup tutorial, complete with details on what brands and colors of makeup she uses and why. She also touches on an often-ignored but very important aspect of visual kei fashion: it is heavily rooted in music.

She also has several lolita fashion tutorials on her YouTube channel, and some great advice for handling naysayers and trolls. Check out her channel here. It's fantastic.

Next week I'll write about what I've found are some of the best key visual kei pieces to invest in to create a good solid wardrobe.

Happy Wednesday! :3
~Vik

No comments:

Post a Comment