Sunday, June 29, 2014

Beyond the Gray Sky


So, for the last week or so, this blog has been quiet.

Shortly before we relaunched my grandmother lost a hard-fought battle to stage four lung cancer. 

After the relaunch we needed some time to absorb the loss, so to speak, and to grieve. I am also helping my aunt close her accounts, and am planning a trip back to Northern California for her memorial. It's been chaotic, to say the least. 

My grandmother raised me, and she taught me the value of hard work, and that good things and accomplishments require a lot of it. She was a strong, independent woman who owned her own business, and I got that same spirit from her. I am who I am today because of her, and it is because of her guidance and support that I was able to launch Candy Graffiti. 
She was my biggest fan, my loudest cheerleader, and my best friend. She was taken way too soon. She is loved, and missed tremendously.

Your regularly schedule blogging will resume at some point this week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment